Ferovinum is a fintech platform designed to provide working capital and supply chain automation tools for the Wine and Spirits industry. This huge global industry is composed of thousands of small and medium enterprises for whom this platform is transformative.
The platform capabilities are tailored to both the production cycles and distribution needs of this industry. The feature set is evolving rapidly, to include predictive inventory management systems, seamless integration with international logistics and payment services, e-commerce plugins and risk management tools. Ferovinum enables customers to focus on what they do best: making fantastic wine and spirits.
Our clients range from high growth challengers to industry leading brands, across wine producers, distilleries, importers and distributors.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing fintech business and to be part of a team on a journey to become a global unicorn.
About the role
At Ferovinum, you will be part of an ambitious team that is revolutionising a centuries-old industry and creating new opportunities for growth and innovation. We recognise that continued investment into automation and data-driven analytics is crucial in solving the industry’s biggest challenges.
Our technology is entirely proprietary and we are building out our in-house development team to scale the platform and develop additional features. Rather than having to work to fix or integrate unwieldy legacy systems, we are here to build world-class products that are integral to the day-to-day operations of a trillion dollar industry.
You would be joining a team consisting of engineers and product designers based in central London employing hybrid working with two days in the office. Our software development philosophy is loosely based around an agile methodology with extended cycle length, essentially we are a start-up that “gets stuff done”.
Our current technology stack incorporates a Java back-end, Typescript+React front-end and deployed on AWS cloud infrastructure.
What you’ll be doing
- Design, develop and deploy new product features
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Identify ways for improving the infrastructure
- Work closely with other members of the technical team
What you'll need
- Bachelor's Degree (or above) in Computer Science/Math/Physics or similar discipline
- Proficient with one or more programming languages (e.g., Java, Python, TypeScript or similar)
- 1-3 years of relevant, broad software engineering experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to partner closely with other team members